“Highly recommended” by The Midwest Book Review
Petty thief Birdie Kaminsky has arrived in Liberty, Ohio to steal a treasure hidden since the Civil War. She’s in possession of a charming clue passed down in her family for generations: Liberty safeguards the cherished heart.
The beautiful thief wants to go straight. She secretly admires the clue’s author, freedwoman Justice Postell, who rose above the horrors of slavery to build a new life in Ohio. According to family lore, Justice left South Carolina at the dawn of the Civil War. Heavy with child, she carried untold riches on her journey north. As Birdie searches for the treasure, she begins to believe a questionable part of the story: a tale of love between Justice and Lucas Postell, the French plantation owner who was Birdie’s ancestor.
If the stories are true, Justice bore a child with Lucas. Some of those black relatives might still live in town. Birdie can’t help but wonder if she’s found one—Liberty’s feisty matriarch, Theodora Hendricks, who packs a pistol and heartwarming stories about Justice. Birdie doesn’t know that an investigative reporter who has arrived in town will trip her up—as will her conscience when she begins to wonder if it’s possible to start a new life with stolen riches. Yet with each new clue she unearths, Birdie begins to discover a family history more precious than gems, a tradition of love richer than she could imagine.
Buy Now @ Amazon
Genre – Contemporary Fiction
Rating – PG13
More details about the author
- Orangeberry Book of the Day – Killer Abs: A Body (Pump) Horror Comedy by DR O’Brien
- Orangeberry Book of the Day – Betty’s Child by Donald Dempsey
- Author Interview – Robin Mahle
- Robin Mahle – How to Avoid the Rejection Blues
- Robin Mahle – Finding Your Voice
- Robin Mahle – What Inspired Me to Write My Book
- Author Interview – Mark David Major
- 10 Things You Didn’t Know About Mark David Major
- Mark David Major – 10 Things You Didn’t Know About Mars Rising
- Author Interview – Alan Plessinger
Past Book Tours